Saturday, July 30, 2022

Breyerfest Loot part 2

      In part two of Breyerfest loot, we look at the things that look the same, but are not in fact the same. What I mean is, my two Breyerfest volunteer models showed up today. Now we all know I am not an OF collector, I have said it often enough. And while some people think that is just a thing I say to hide my love of OF models, it's not, it's actually true. I think I currently own maybe 5 traditional scale OFs (2 are ponies, so, small), and I have some stablemates, including a Django conga. But all together I am pretty sure I have less than 30 stablemates. If I would just get up and count I would know for sure (I counted, I have 11 OF stablemates). So yeah, I really am not an OF collector. Part of what comes with that is not having OF collector's eyes. But I do have the eyes of a prepper, which is partly why I don't really like OF horses. I can't fix the flaws and they bug me. So anyway, I looked over these super shiny models and on this first one I didn't actually see any flaws. No weird lines in the mold, no weird dull spots in the gloss, no crap in the gloss. This is a REALLY nice horse. As far as I can tell. I also took a whole ton of photos of her from every angle I could think of, since I don't have those OF collector's eyes. This one is listed on the Rare Model Horse sales group on Facebook (with ALL her photos) for $1000 including US shipping. You do have to be a member of the group to see things (I'm pretty sure) but if you are not, and really have an interest in this horse, send me an email to fieldofdolls@gmail.com and I will send you a pile of photos of her. 

   Hey look! It's the same horse... but not. I should have actually gotten a shot of them together, but I didn't think of it until after model A was already wrapped back up. I want to handle these horses as little as possible, and I want them unwrapped as little as possible. So it is entirely possible that they have more similar coloring, but I don't really think that is the case. Anyway, This second model is almost as nice as the first one, but does have one little goober in his gloss (which I do have a photo of). He is currently listed on MH$P, with lots of photos, $850 plus shipping
      I still have a couple more things coming from my Breyerfest purchasing (though both were actually purchased from artists after Breyerfest) and I will share those when they arrive. I will have some more doll updates soon. I mostly need to talk myself into taking some photos. I still have no more news on the live sale, other than likely the end of August. For people in the miniatures club, the packages are on their way as of yesterday.

No comments: