Sunday, July 17, 2022

On the Third Day of Breyerfest

      I'm weirdly all Breyerfested out. I did not participate all that much, even though I had a virtual ticket and could have watched the live feed and a variety of other things. I did a small bit of shopping, but none of the things I bought were things I super loved, needed, or necessarily wanted. I decided that what I did want was to get up and move around, instead of just sitting inside all day. So Travis and I went to the indoor flea market (so yeah, still inside, but moving around) and we had a look around. We saw some Breyer horses... 
    And we saw a GIANT horse statue. We also ran into one of my former students, who recognized me, and I tried like hell, but could not come up with his name. He told me and I still could not place him. I recognized his face and that was all. On the drive home I remembered that I had him in an algebra 2 class at the beginning of this past school year, before I started teaching. And I felt like an ass. I had no idea my brain was so messed up that I could forget a kid that quickly. Many of them seem to forget me the moment they leave the classroom, but I usually have a little bit more retention than that. Stupid brain. 
     We also saw this lady at the flea market, who I immediately sent a picture of to Jennifer Buxton. Which makes sense if you caught the riding demo or if you happened to see the photos on Facebook. 
     So on this third day of Breyerfest I saw someone I sort of recognized but couldn't figure out where from (just that I taught him something at some point), I saw big and small model horses, and things that reminded me of friends. And I was hot and tired. That sounds like the wrap up of a lot of people's Breyerfest weekend. Back to dolls soon, I promise. 
 

No comments: