Sunday, July 24, 2022

Fun With Dolls

     Guess what I did yesterday? Nothing. I did nothing. It was planned nothing, so I could mentally handle it, but I did nothing. Well, mostly nothing. I did go to the store to pick up stuff for taco salad, because I decided I wanted taco salad. Then I made the taco salad and eventually washed the dishes. But mostly I did nothing. I took some chairs into the yard under the pine trees (because shade) and sat and did nothing. It was expected to be in the mid-90s, we don't have air conditioning, and outside is so much nicer. Especially if there is humidity. We actually only had about 35% humidity, which was pretty nice. And my hair stayed dry almost all day! Which is weird for during a heatwave. The sweat-filled, non-drying hair is one of my least favorite parts of heatwaves. But anyway, I sat in my yard and did almost nothing. I looked at the internet a bit, because I can't seem to look away, but mostly I did nothing. I listened to a couple of podcasts and sometimes I just listened to the birds. A lot of nothing. 
     So yesterday was full of mostly nothing, but last week was full of doll making. Hunt seat dolls to be exact. Three hunt seat dolls, in identical outfits, who are all very different. There was also some fun with dolls photos. Because I do get a kick out of making dolls look less like dolls. In this one, apparently the 2 dolls on the edge heard some news that the doll in the middle just HAS to hear, right now!
This photo just makes me happy. 
    And this one... do you know how hard it is to make dolls look like they are holding hands? Well, not hard if there are only 2 of them doing it, that was not bad. Adding a third doll and not having them all staring off in different directions, looking bored, was the trick. I still did not get them all to look at the camera, which is often my goal when photographing dolls. But maybe this team is waiting for some results. I don't know. But this was also a fun picture to set up. 
    As you can see from my recent posts, I have actually been managing to not only work on dolls, but finish a bunch of dolls. At this point I am starting to have a variety of them finished. This week I need to work on a couple of dolls for an order and I think I will throw in a youth hunt seat doll as well. I have a body prepped for that already, so I am already partway there. 
    So yesterday I started my day by doing very little. I spent a couple of hours in the yard, then watched a show, ate taco salad, and then spent a bunch more time in the yard. It was a nice day of mostly staying still. It's supposed to be even hotter today, day 5 of the heatwave, but I feel like I might need to do some moving around. Maybe. 
 

1 comment:

Adah R. (Spotted Dreams Studio) said...

Winnie the Pooh: "People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day". Also Pooh Bear: "Doing nothing often leads to the very best of something". 🍯

I'm glad to hear that you had a relaxing day. :) I'm really enjoying the doll posts, and I hope you feel like showing again soon! You have such a knack for it.