Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Formal Saddle Seat

     The other day I got a significant amount of work done on the formal saddle seat doll. Then I sort of stalled out. I hate when that happens. When you can see the end in sight and just can't seem to talk yourself into getting there. Monday I had plans to go over and visit my mom for her birthday. I decided I had more than enough time to finish up the last few details on the doll so I got out my materials and got to work. I painted the doll's face (she looks funny with only one eyebrow on!)
And I painted the white gloves. 
    Then I made her boots and got into making her top hat. Hats are not super hard or super easy to make. It is very easy to make the hat and have it just a bit too big, which on a doll is way too big. So a bit of fiddling with it, trimming a bit here and there as needed, and I have a top hat. 
    Another doll officially done! I don't know what number this is but I really like the way she came out. I love the clean look of a black and white outfit. 
     The next thing I want to do is try to finish up the color wheel of cross country vests. That project has been going on for awhile and it might be about time for me to work on finishing it up. Who knows what I will work on after that. Maybe some more chaps, or some horse boots, or saddle bags. I guess I'll see what I feel like doing when I get to that point. 

No comments: