Saturday, January 11, 2020

It’s Not Always Going to be Dark O’Clock

     I leave for work at about 6:30 in the morning. I have probably mentioned that before. For months out of the school year I drive to school in the dark. The last couple of mornings I have noticed the sun started to rise as I drive in. By the end of the year it will be very bright in the morning, even while Travis and I wait for the bus. For now it's still dark, but we're getting a bit lighter every day. And I like it. 
     Another thing I really liked yesterday was my makeup. Everything really does get better with practice and I have been practicing. This teal winged shadow look made me incredibly happy. I think today might be a rose gold kind of day. I haven't decided just yet though.

     I was super exhausted yesterday and I really struggled to just be awake and functioning after school. Maybe I just needed it to be the weekend. Anyway, I struggled, but I did manage to get some doll work done. I got back into Fabian's Spanish side saddle doll. The first thing I got done was hairing the head. 
    After that I got the hat made, the face painted and the buttons put on. I really didn't have a whole lot that I needed to do to finish on the doll. I got out a western saddle and got her posed. She sits well side saddle on a western saddle. But will she sit properly in Fabian's saddle? We will find out soon enough. 
      So I did have a bit of a struggle, though she was not an overly difficult doll to do. I did have to sort of create the skirt as I went along. I love this doll from a lot of angles. I hope that Fabian has a lot of fun with her. 
      My niece, Gabby, is coming over today. And she may also be stopping to get Elecktra on the way. That should be a lot of fun. I may or may not work on some vests later. I guess it depends on if I feel like it and how long the girls stay. It's supposed to be WARM this weekend though. Maybe I will hang out outside while it's not raining. 

2 comments:

ShamrockFarmsInc. said...

Lovely doll and I think that your eye makeup is fabulous! Dramatic yet somehow soft. Ready for more daylight here too!

Braymere said...

The sun doesn't come up until 8:30 AM in Stuttgart, Germany, and these long, dark, COLD mornings are killing me!