Thursday, January 16, 2020

Sometimes You Need a Break

     Sometimes you need a break. Tuesdays are very busy days for me. I work all day and then come home and have to gather the laundry, go to the laundromat and often also have errands that need to get done. Tuesdays are very busy days for me. For most of the day at school I was thinking I would bring a bit of doll work to do while we waited for the washer and dryer cycles to finish. I got this photo of Travis from his para. Clearly he was working hard at school. 
       I fully planned to bring fabric to cut out so I would have things ready to sew. Or maybe I would hair some heads or work on getting the Velcro into the cross country vests. I have so many things I could have been doing. But I decided I needed a break. And Travis needed a break. I watched YouTube videos on my phone and Travis watched Toy Story 3 on my iPad. It was nice to sit and chill for a bit, instead of trying to fill up the minutes with doing things. 
      I won't say that the break energized me, it didn't, but it was needed and I enjoyed it. Soon enough I will be into crazy work season where I need to fit work into as many hours of the day as possible. I am not quite there yet, but it's coming. I am still hoping to get the Arabian rider and the other saddle seat rider finished by Friday. I think I can I think I can I think I can. Today I think will be cutting out the clothes and doing the sewing. I won't plan any further than that, in case I can't find enough motivation to even get that done. 
     Yesterday morning one of the teachers I work with told me that there are now 23 minutes more of daylight than there was a month ago. I'll take it! When I drove into work it was maybe a tiny bit brighter than before. I am looking forward to not waiting for Travis's bus in the dark. It's coming. 

No comments: