Tuesday, January 14, 2020

The Color Wheel of Cross Country Vests

     I have been working on a big batch of cross country kits. I really love making vests in batches, in a rainbow of colors. This time around I have been sort of documenting my progress on Instagram. This is my latest color wheel of cross country vests. I like to make things in even numbers, I have no idea why. So when I lost the black vest from this batch I was really annoyed. I don't think 13 is an unlucky number at all, but it's not an even number... so I was bummed to lose the black vest. I searched for it all over the place on Sunday morning and I did finally find it. After I took this latest color wheel photo, so it didn't end up in the photo and I didn't take a new one. Soon I will have 14 cross country kits to add to my sales stuff for my next live sale at the end of March. 
    I also finally managed to finish some chaps that have been in the works for a long while. The ultrasuede chaps were finished sometime last year, but I accidentally ripped out the front strap during a photo shoot. I got those repaired and I finished up the mens and ladies leather chaps that were partially done for awhile. I feel accomplished.
     I realized the other day that it's not really all that far until the end of March. Sure, I have 12 weeks until March 28th, which is the day I plan to do my next live sale. I wanted to do another live in the Spring sort of for my birthday. My birthday is the 29th but I won't be working that day. So far I have very little to add to my stock of sales items. I have no dolls and only a few pairs of chaps and some unfinished things. I need to get to work! I have some orders to finish up and I need to start working on some sales dolls to put away. Most of the items in the live sale will be regular price, but I will have some surprises that are discounted. And, just like last time, I will have trivia and prizes!

3 comments:

Lauren Ball said...

Will you have any Saddleseat dolls available for your next sale?

Field of Dolls Studio said...

I have no plans at all for what to make for dolls just yet. I might make a saddle seat doll though.

Lauren Ball said...

Okay. Thank you!