Thursday, May 7, 2020

It’s good to Try New Things.

     The NBA basketball dolls make pretty excellent model horse rider dolls. They do need a bit of extra work, since they are not the same size as any other doll typically used as a rider, but they are so bendy and have the most realistic faces. They really are incredible. I have made a couple of these dolls into cowboys, but I have never made chaps for them. I have now. In case anyone is wondering, they do not fit in the regular mens cutting chaps that I make. Their legs are just too long. So these chaps were custom made just for these guys 
       Another thing I have never done before was make one of these guys into a hunt seat rider. This guy faught me every step of the way, but in the end, I won. Again, he doesn't properly fit into anything I have a pattern for, so I had to adjust things as I was cutting and sewing. But he is done. I have no idea how he will be on a horse, he's so tall, but he is definitely unique. I am glad that I tried this. I may do it again in the future. I haven't decided yet. I still prefer these guys as cowboys. 
     The 10 day forecast is not looking good for any sort of outdoor activities. It might be a good idea to just stay inside and efficiently work on dolls. Dolls and doll accessories. I am currently working on a bunch of cross country vests, I have saddlebags planned (but not started) and maybe some chaps. Should I work on anything else for the Breyerfest sale? I am going to have a miniatures sale in August (not sure of the date yet) and I will probably have some model horse things, but definitely lots of miniatures. What do you guys want? 

No comments: