Sunday, May 3, 2020

The Three Little Pigs, and other Stories.

   I have been doing a lot of selling on Mercari lately. I keep finding things I can list, their fees are much more reasonable than Poshmark, and people are buying things. All sorts of things. And I am happy to be moving stuff out. I have also done a bit of shopping lately on Mercari. Most things are clothing items, some get resold when I find out they don't fit me correctly, and a few things are not clothing items. Like these 3 little pigs. I love pigs. I think they are cute. And unlike toy horses, most toy pigs are really cute. Most toy horses are terrifying! So I hemmed and hawed on this trio for a bit, but they were a good price so I decided they could come live with me. And I am sure they will make me happy. 
      Yesterday I got in another order from Classic TV Toys. I got the boots for Little Greg that are actually for 8" dolls. They fit perfectly and Kylee likes them as-is, so no painting. Which is awesome. I still need to customize his hat and get the glasses on a string, but he is close. 

      I was chatting with my friend Adelei and she mentioned that she was thinking about asking our principal if she could borrow one of the school's sewing machines. I told her she could borrow my Singer. I have been neglecting it since I got my Husqvarna back and it needs to get used. As soon as I said she could borrow my spare machine, my Husqvarna started acting up! I don't need this crap! So I took out the bobbin holder, cleaned an animal out of there, put it all back together and everything was fine. Thanks for the heart attack machine. 
      I got back into mask sewing and managed to get a whole lot done yesterday. 

     Since Massachusetts is going mandatory for everyone in public over 2, I asked my friend Nicole if she still needed some (she had asked me about tiny ones when I asked her originally if she needed any) and she still did. So I worked out how to make the tinier sized masks. I have no idea yet if they will fit her boys or not, but they are little (the boys and the masks) so... maybe. 
      I got a nice variety of masks finished again. I can't make tons and tons all in one sitting, I start getting twitchy and they start coming out badly. But having everything prepped ahead of time makes putting them together go fairly quickly. I think I have enough materials left to make 8 or 9 more. I need to start searching for more interfacing. And thread! I emptied 3 spools of thread yesterday (they did not start the day full). I need to search around and see if I have any other colors hanging around. I know I am out of black and white. Or I will have to order some. I hate waiting for ordered materials to come in. 
      I helped Ethan a little bit with some more building project stuff. I got to be outside a bit and enjoyed the nice weather. So far it has been a really gorgeous weekend. And I think today will be even better. 




3 comments:

timaru star ii said...

This is the best way yet to use up odd-colored thread leftovers. I do like the horsehead mask on the lower right.

Lynn Isenbarger said...

I'm making masks, too, Are you using ties or do you have 1/4" elastic? A friend send me a packet of elastic when mine ran out, but it is almost gone. What are you using for ties?

Field of Dolls Studio said...

Lynn, I happened to luck out and managed to get 3/8" elastic when I put in an order with Field's Fabrics. Though last I checked they are out of that now. I also use a ribbon connector in the back so the elastic doesn't pull on the ears AND they seem to fit everyone a bit better.