Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Horse Boots, Amazing Willpower and Breyerfest Loot part 2

        I am managing, so far, to stick to my plan of making a few pairs of horse boots every morning. This batch was a cool iridescent red, iridescent pink and a sort of holographic blue. The color accents on these new boots have been a lot of fun. Plus I am actually using some of the fabrics I got during the last several rounds of fabric buying. Now to just keep on going. I figure I can make 6-9 more pairs of boots by the weekend. I don't know if I will make any on Friday. It is tack-and-pack day after all. Maybe I can just trace out a whole bunch of pieces and work on boots at the show if there is any down time. It does happen once in awhile. 
     I think I mentioned last week about my amazing willpower and not buying the really cool Swarovski charms they have in Joann's. I stopped by to take their picture today, but wasn't tempted. I had to do laundry and grocery shopping, so I had already spent enough money. Plus I had bills to pay. Stupid bills. Anyway, Swarovski has out these really need charms that remind me of my childhood charms, only high-end. And they still live at Joann's. 
      I also got in another round of Breyerfest loot today. Pat Coulter sent me this wonderful box of awesome! The program was an unexpected treat. I'll have to peak through that when I have some more time. 
     I just really love the crystal horses. Because they are horse shaped objects made of bling, basically. I may have all of them, other than some of the regular run ones from years ago. Someday I will remedy that. For now that I am thankful that Pat is willing to feed my crystal Breyer habit every year. 
     And even though I am not an OF collector I am really impressed with the shading on Hal's face. I am thinking I am going to name him Day Drinker, because it makes me laugh and nothing else has popped into my head yet. Plus when I named Three Day Bender I waffled between that and Day Drinker. So I think Hal will be Day Drinker. And I will show him on Saturday. Time to rework my showing plan.
       So tons of errands and laundry happened yesterday, but no doll work. Which is OK. I can get some more done today and tomorrow but probably not on Friday. Then Saturday is Fun in the Sun. I think I will redo my show plan at the last minute now. 

1 comment:

pawprint said...

OMG -- I love the name "Three Day Bender"! But "Day Drinker" is fun too.