Saturday, August 31, 2019

Random things

     One of the trickiest things for me not having a desk at school is making sure I have enough to drink all day. I really am not a fan of using the water fountains, because I have seen way too many people put their mouth on them. And some people don't wash their hands and so on. I try not to touch the railings either. It seems safer that way. Anyway, last year for my birthday, Angelique got me a really fantastic water bottle. It is an Rtic brand bottle and it's pink and iridescent. It's like she knows me! 


You can get it here. These were recommended to us by a girl we had for MCAS testing. She said when she got hers she filled it with ice water and put it in the car for a couple of days to test it. And the ice didn't even melt. That seemed a bit far fetched but then I had this happen... 
     This is the ice that is left stuck in my bottle. When I put the cubes in they fused together into a shape that doesn't fit to come back out. And the awesome insulation kept it from melting all day. So I left the bottle open on the table all night. And that barely did a thing to the ice. Seriously, if you want your stuff to stay cold (or hot) get one of these. Also a bit of hot water melted the ice enough to get it out of the bottle. 
     Travis had yesterday off so I took yesterday off. And we went out to Shoprite in Enfield because the Rebel ice cream store finder told me that Shoprite now carries Rebel. And I was excited! Shoprite is closer than any of the other stores that carry that brand. AND they had butter pecan, which is a flavor we have never seen! I am definitely happy that we can get our ice cream a bit closer than before. I hope they carry other flavors as well. We got butter pecan, cookie dough and peanut butter fudge. But it would be good if we could at least get chocolate (Travis's favorite) and maybe some other things we haven't tried yet. I guess I could request them, if they don't already carry them. Hmm...
     I also managed to get some doll work done. I finished up this showmanship doll, who is going to be heading to The Jennifer Show. I got some work done on a saddle seat doll as well, but she needs a few more details. And then I have another saddle seat doll to work on. 
     So in the end I will have a 4 day weekend, which I think is great. I am hoping to get the other two dolls finished, so some more weeding and maybe I can see if Crystal is up for a visit. We're going to run out of nice outdoor weather and sunlight soon enough, I need to try to fit in a bunch of things now. But I also need to work on dolls. I need more hours in the day!

No comments: