Sunday, August 4, 2019

Sometimes I am really lazy

     As part of my retail therapy to help me through not being able to go to Breyerfest, I bought a horseball set from Carrie Sloan. So now I needed to make myself a rider to go with this set because I can't possibly show a horse without a doll. That would just be weird. So it was in my plan to make myself that doll. I was also working on a cross country rider for an order. Since sometimes I am lazy I decided to take a little bit of a shortcut. 
     The body for the cross country rider was modified to have a bendy neck and be able modify her to tuck her hips up a bit further than an unmodified Quinn doll. I think that worked out well. She's also wearing the pinny, vest, medband and watch that I stole off the cross country doll that was left from Breyerfest. I did change out the number on her pinny. It saved me a lot of time to use those things that I already had made. 
     Then I took the base cross country doll in the white breeches and white shirt, and added the pink parts on to modify her into my horseball rider. I think it worked out pretty well. And definitely saved me a lot of time. It's true that I now have one less sales doll, but I am OK with that. I can always make another cross country rider in a black vest when I am more motivated. 
     I am currently watching season 2 of 13 Reasons Why. I have been completely OK with the show for the most part, though the issues it deals with are horrible, and they don't really go about things delicately for the most part. This season though I am really concerned about school shootings. So I went so far as to Google it and get some spoilers to make sure I didn't need to just stop watching the show. I won't ruin it for anyone else who hasn't seen it and is planning to (I have also not yet seen it). I have not been involved in a school shooting, but have been through active shooter training (twice) and even that is fairly awful. Working in a school it would be hard not to be affected by the number of school shootings, and other public shootings, we have had in recent years. So yeah, a bit concerned that it might end up in a show I am watching. Maybe I should go back to watching cartoons.
     On a better note, this is blog #146 for 2019. Which means, as of today, I have posted as much as all of the other 11 years of blogging combined. And it's only August. I have heard from a bunch of people that they enjoy reading the blog. Which then inspires me to keep on writing. That and I have to see what it is like to reach half a million page views. I guess right now I am aiming for a quarter of a million. Only about 126,500 views to go, lol! Maybe I should do a giveaway or something. I am not close enough to really consider it yet, but I do think there might be a giveaway of some kind in the future. Because free stuff is fun, right?

1 comment:

ShamrockFarmsInc. said...

Cool projects! I agree about sad realities, but glad Training/prep can be helpful in keeping schools Safe. I feel our country needs to address bigger issues such as mental health. Yasssss to free stuff!!!