Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Dealership again

      Monday I was working at the Ford Dealership again. I finished Theoden and, since they were open, I figured it was a good time to go back to Balise and have them check my car with a black light. They put the dye in the oil the last time I was there, I drove it as directed and then they were going to check for leaks. So I sat in the comfy chairs this time and I worked some more on chaps. 
     It was nice sitting in the comfy chairs. Theoden required I sit at the table to mold armor and paint, so I am a bit sore. Plus I danced a lot at John and Lisa's wedding (in heels) so I am a bit crunchy. I remember to bring my clipboard so I could work in the comfy chairs. Have you figured out I like comfy chairs?
      I think I will give Jason, the Ford service coordinator, a lot of credit on his professionalism. He's sort of goofy and friendly, but he never once questioned what I was doing, even though I didn't stop when he came to talk to me about my car. I wonder what other strange things people do in the waiting room at Balise? Anyway, I was not there a super long time, but not a super short time. Jason told me that I do not have an oil leak. I said oh yeah, how do I have fresh oil in both my parking spot at home and at work and no oil leak (and I kept working on chaps) and he said "I... have no idea. But I had 3 techs take a look at the car and I looked at the car and no one could find anything." So I said OK then, it will remain a mystery. I took one of the floor papers from him and put it under my car in the driveway. I could not find a single rock to weigh it down (how is that possible???) so I prayed for no wind. I checked the paper after a good 5 hours and there was not a speck of anything on it. If it's still there in the morning I will check again. I have no idea what happened but last week they said the car was super clean and dry and today they said it was great... maybe it's great. So that is good news. 
     I had a really excellent Monday. I got King Theoden finished, got some more chaps worked on, I found out I don't have an oil leak and I got 5 doll outfits cut out! That is always fun. And now to announce the winner of the blog contest! In the last 3 and a half weeks I got 169 new comments! The winner is... Kristine Gardner! With the comment "Wow, that was an awesome story for a 40 year old..." from September 30th..
     Kristine will received a $100 gift certificate. It can be used towards a doll or anything I made including mini food, horse boots, other horse accessories or doll accessories. Kristine please send me an email at fieldofdolls@gmail.com and we can work out the details. Thanks so much to everyone for all the comments!

4 comments:

Notturna said...

Congrats to Kristine!! And despite the mystery I'm glad your car is not leaking oil :)

ShamrockFarmsInc. said...

Yay for good car news and congratulations Kristine! I have worked on art in waiting rooms, but nothing as cool as chaps!

timaru star ii said...

My congratulations to Kristine. Free from leaks is a wonderful place to be! I've never been sore from dancing while at a dealership,... but I have worked on tack in one.

Anonymous said...

Thank you everyone!!
I'm new to performance so this is so awesome.
Thank you again, Anne!!
Kristine G.