Monday, April 6, 2020

Mail, Eggs and Masks, Oh My!

        I sort of hate packing things for shipping. I am also running out of packing materials and am not sure I can replace them. I have a trip to Walmart planned for this week some time, but I want to put it off for as long as I can because a) I don't want to have to go out and b) I want to make sure I have absolutely everything we need on written the list because I do not want to have to make another trip for awhile. Part of me thinks I will not be able to get all the things on my list because I have heard that some of the Walmarts are closed off except for the things deemed necessities. So you can get food, cleaning supplies, diapers, things like that, but are not allowed to access the rest of the store. If that is the case... I will have some issues. In the grand scheme of things they are not super important though, and I am aware of that. Plus, for the most part, people are aware for the need for social distancing and are understanding that shipping might take longer. Still, Saturday was a good shipping day. I knew I had packages coming so I got these 5 all packed and ready to go. Ethan brought them out to the carrier when he came by. And the carrier was definitely trying to stay further away than usual and was now wearing a mask and gloves. I heard 3 postal workers tested positive for COVID-19 in a town not too far from us. I am not surprised that the carrier is taking extra precautions. 
     My friend Amber came by to drop off some lovely and colorful fresh eggs. Her chickens are laying much more than she and her family can currently eat and she doesn't want them to go to waste. And I thoroughly appreciate eggs! We handed them off, staying as far apart as possible and then I stood at the end of my driveway and she stood up against the side of her car across the street and we had a chat. We commented on how weird it is. But if people do their part we can get a handle on things. Her husband is currently deployed and does something in health care. He is going to New York soon. That sucks. I am really hoping that people who are not already taking the social distancing seriously, start to. 
     The CDC is now recommending that people wear masks any time they have to go out where there are other people around. So I did a bunch more mask sewing on Saturday. Some of these may eventually get to a hospital, but a lot of these will likely go to friends. I have more prepped but I can only do just so many at a time without making myself crazy. I am sure this will be an ongoing thing. I hope people remember that the masks need to be washed after one use. 
      I am keeping in mind that the good weather is coming. Monday looks like it will be an excellent day to get out and go for a hike and I am really looking forward to that. I can definitely use some fresh air and vitamin D!

No comments: