Friday, May 28, 2021

And Just Like That, I Have a New Horse

     My new horse, Just a Theory, was made specifically for my secret entry in the Breyerfest Best Customs contest. I am not a fantastic customizer (yet) but knew that I could do a good enough job for a performance entry. So I worked for a few months and now I have a new performance horse. Just like that, lol. The first goal of any performance entry is proper tack fitting. I have a lot of tack, but none of it was fitted for JT, so I spent a lot of time making sure everything was properly adjusted.
       I have been using my pink and black English tack a lot, which is the perfect size for the 3 different horses I was using it on. But this time I wanted to use more traditional colored tack. As I was fiddling with the bridle I noticed that the browband strap had let go on one side. So I fixed that, fiddled some more, and got everything adjusted nicely.
    And then it was time for porch railing glamor shots! JT really does look nice in tack.
    The left side of the neck is not my favorite. He’s a bit chonky. Not horrible or anything, just a bit. But he still looks good in tack.
      I made this horse with one goal in mind, which was the customs contest. If I win, super! That would be fantastic. If I don’t that is OK too. Because now I have a new performance horse. And performance showing is my favorite part of model horse showing!
 

No comments: