Saturday, May 29, 2021

Ranchita

     I really have had one of the most excellent mail weeks in a very long time! I received my micro Scarlett I ordered a while back, my new pink and black parade set made by Wendy Ward, and I also got back a piece painted by Kenzie Williams. It really feels like my birthday. If my arena would show up I might pass out from excitement!
     I know there is an ongoing debate about whether or not people should include any sort of extras i packages. And just as in any other debate, there are people who are firmly against it, and people who love it. I happen to love it. I think the little extras just make the package more fun to open. Sure, I don’t NEED them, or expect them, but when the extra touches are there I certainly appreciate them! 
     When I opened up the box the first thing I saw was this lovely pearlized pink envelope. With a cute horsie thank you sticker on it!
    Inside was a nice hand written note, a really pretty business card, and a wonderful horse sticker that I almost immediately put on my laptop. But I resisted! I have a ton of stickers on there and I know sooner or later I will need to replace the laptop because that is the nature of computers. Though it’s not all that old yet... I will likely find a way to collect more stickers before I have a need for more... there is still a chance that sticker is going on my laptop. Or a tack box, I hear that is a think people do.
     
     So what was in this gorgeous package from Kenzie? My Ranchita! Kenzie and I worked out a trade a bit ago and I basically said I like bays and to do what she wanted, lol. We did eventually work out it would be a bay paint, but you all know I love a good bay horse!
     I bought Ranchita when Morgen Kilbourn Rossomando came out with her. I decided I needed to the mini (and then the micro) Ranch mare. I really love this mold but the traditional scale one was sort of a shelf hog. The little ones fit almost anywhere. 
     Do you know what happens when you give an artist the bare minimum of guidelines and let them do what they want? You most often end up with an amazing piece that is so much better than something you micromanaged every detail of. Kenzie put such amazing details into this horse (who needs a name) and I would never have thought to ask for them. I love her nose so much! And the super interesting marking on her right front leg. And the 2-toned hoof! This horse really is fantastic and I am really happy that she is mine. 

     Kenzie is going to have a variety of horses for sale during Breyerfest. I can’t remember where I saw the post but I believe there will be 2 traditional scale models which she will take offers on and some smaller pieces which (I think) are first come, first served. I am really looking forward to Breyerfest!


 

1 comment:

timaru star ii said...

The name that comes to me is Scramble. I'll keep working on it.