I managed to fix the body color on my custom horse. I really like it now. Most of the graininess is gone and he just overall looks better than he did. I thought for a minute I had ruined him, but I managed to get him fixed up. I also ran out of matte finish, though I got 2 coats on before that happened. I have more coming and as soon as it arrived I will get several more layers on him.He is definitely looking a ton better and I am pretty pleased with him. It was time to get back at the details, now that I wasn't hating his body color.
I may have a few more layers of white to put on and then I need to check my horse over and see if he is done. As soon as my matte finish comes in I will get him properly finished, let him cure for a day or two, and then he will be ready for tack! But he is coming along well and I am pretty please with him.
I touched up the black on his mane and tail and started on his socks. I have 6 layers on and I might need one or two more. Or 10 more, who can tell with white.
And look, an eye! I have painted eyes before but I don't really remember how to do it without looking. So I went back to the Braymere blog and found an eye tutorial from Isaac Brushett. I did not have every single color recommended so I had to wing it a little bit. But I am really pleased with this horse eye!