Monday, December 28, 2020

Little Things

     I have really been enjoying my break. I have done a ton of reading and a variety of other things that were just for fun, just for me. It's been nice. One of the things I did was to put together the little wooden horses that came with my teeny tiny barn. And I cut a whole bunch of "straw" out of thread. I like how the straw came out. The wooden horses are cute, but I wish I could get nicer models that fit in this barn. Micro horses are too big. The N scale horses I got are too small. I wish I could just walk into a store and look at some railroad horses. 
     I also decided I wanted to revisit the doll backpacks I started working on about 100 years ago. At that time I made 3 of them and I liked them, but I thought they were just a little bit too large. So I resized the patterns I created, just a little bit, and I made a new bag. I really like how this one came out! I need to tweak the drawstring a little bit, but I do like how these work. Because they DO work. The buckle holds the flap down and inside is a working drawstring. I will likely be making more of these. Eventually. 
     I finished up another hoodie doll. This lady was a custom order. It's a bit hard to tell but she has some navy streaks in her hair. I am still getting a big kick out of the hoodie dolls. I might make one more random sales doll (a hoodie doll of course) before the end of the year. I know, time is running out!
      So things are going pretty well. Ethan and I have been doing a bunch of cleaning out and sorting of things. A lot of stuff is either getting put away properly, sold or tossed if it is just unusable trash. I do love a good purge. I am sure we can likely get a bit more of that done before I have to go back to work. And I can get some more dolls and other things finished. But, in general, things are good. 

 

No comments: