Monday, February 8, 2021

Cold Visiting and Bareback Pads

      This weekend had a lot of good parts to it. My absolute favorite part was my visit with Crystal on Saturday. It was just about 40 degrees so I asked if she was up for a bit of a visit. Travis and I drove over to her house and she brought chairs into the driveway. We had a cold, socially distanced visit. And I said we needed to get another selfie. I don't know why I look so b%$#y in it, lol. Maybe it was because I kneeled on the cold driveway to get this. Anyway, I don't like the cold and by the end of our visit we had gathered more hats, blankets and extra coats, and still both of us had frozen feet. Travis chose to just sort of run around in the driveway and found patches of sunshine to be in. Everyone had a good time. I had had a huge tension headache and after my visit with Crystal I actually had no headache at all. Seriously, my overall mental health was vastly improved.
      After we left, Travis and I did a few errands. I got some materials to make myself some doll bedding, we restocked our seltzer, and got some new sneakers for Travis. It was a nice outing and a nice drive since Crystal doesn't live next door (but not too far). Definitely a good Saturday. 
      Sunday it snowed for a lot of the day so I didn't even bother putting shoes on. I had nowhere to go and not a whole lot I had to do. I wanted to work on my NaMoPaiMo horse, but you need to spray sealer often when working with pigments. I didn't want to get him to a point where he needed sealing and then have to leave him unprotected. So I didn't work on him. I was a bit bumped about that. We are a bit over 1/4 of the way through February and I have made no progress yet. And the dolls are definitely slacking off on painting. 
     I did a bit of sewing, including doll bedding that I will share in another post, and a bunch of bareback pads that I had cut out and ready to sew. Now I need to do trim and girths on them to get them finished up and ready for the sale. I still have to alter the girth on my prototype but then I think I am ready to get some more bareback pads put together. It should be fun. I think. 
     I try not to do doll work on the weekend, but Sunday was not a day where anything much was going on. I had the sewing machine out to work on a project for myself so I got the bareback pads worked on. Then I was bored so I decided to finish up the last few details on a few dolls I wanted to get wrapped up by the end of last week. I had a few afternoons where I got a delayed start and I ran out of time. So I finished up the last few details. It was definitely a good feeling.
     For the most part it was a really great weekend. I am going to have to keep stalking the weather and making a point of more visiting. If I can take performance photos if it's above freezing, I can at least handle some visiting. I doubt I can get my parents to sit outside in 40 degree weather, but maybe I should ask...
 

No comments: