Sunday, February 14, 2021

Dolls and Redesigns

        There are times when I have a ton of motivation, work incredibly efficiently, and seem to get a ridiculous number of dolls finished in a short amount of time. This is not one of those times. I often work on several dolls at the same time, sort of assembly line style, which is fairly efficient, though it means I don't actually finish much very often. For this trio of dolls I had several days where other, extremely important things, took up chunks of my afternoon working time. Delays happen. I try to roll with them. Sometimes the delay stresses me out though. When I don't finish things for a while I start to feel like I am not actually doing anything, even if progress is being made on many things. That is why I actually finished up these dolls on a Sunday. I try not to work on the weekends but sometimes the urge hits me. These ladies only had a few things that needed finishing up, so I took care of them. And it did feel nice to finish. 
      The redesign of the girth for my bareback pads may have happened on the same day, I don't really remember. But now the buckles are low enough that they shouldn't rub the rider's leg in an irritating way (we want realistic, even if our riders are dolls). After this redesign I also changed the way the handle is put on so they are more accurate to real-life. 
     I would have preferred to use one large buckle on each side, but I cannot source any ribbon that is the correct width. So this is what I have. I have seen real-life pads that have the double buckles, even if it is less common than one single buckle. 
     I am making progress on doll orders and making progress on the small stuff for my live sale. Some items are actually getting finished up, and some are close to done and just need a bit more work. I have made time to work on my NaMoPaiMo horse and I like how he is coming out. I am also enjoying the break from school. There is a lot of snow expected this week but at least I don't have to get up early or necessarily go anywhere. 
     It was decided that on March 1st we go back to school with the hybrid model. Maybe it will be easier to help the kids, though I have 2 new classes where I don't know the kids at all, and in one of the classes no one turns their camera on so I don't even know what most of them look like. The whole situation, coming in the middle of the school year, is bound to be stressful. But I'll just have to roll with that too. 
 

No comments: