Saturday, October 17, 2020

Recycling at its Cutest

          Saturday I got a package in the mail. I thought it might be some doll hair that was being sent to me, but when I saw the adorable little pony and flamingo on the package, I knew that it was potentially a show donation. 

      And it turns out I was right. Daphne Headley sent me a batch of super cute miniature pink bubble mailers! These will be an excellent addition to the prize pool for the Field of Dolls Online Show. It also inspired me to work on making some more miniature Amazon packages during a Zoom party on Saturday night. Daphne included a note and said the pink wrapped package was for me. I love presents! And pink!
       My gift turned out to be one of each style of bubble mailer. The extra cute part was the excellent use of materials. These were made from the bubble mailer that I sent to Daphne with her miniatures sale goodies in it! Now THAT is an excellent way to recycle. I have made a lot of miniatures, but I have never thought to make bubble mailers. Or to use actual mailers to do it. I get a lot of packages in the mail and end up throwing away so many polymailers. 
       The open variety of the mailers contain a bit of tissue paper and a little wrapped treat. It is very tiny and very hard to photograph. But it's a little package of peppermints. I love it!
       This was such a cute way to recycle and it makes for a very fun group of items to add to the show prize pool. The pool is getting quite deep these days. I keep saying I need to stop buying prizes, but I can't seem to convince myself that I mean it. Thank you Daphne for the really excellent prizes! They are much appreciated.

3 comments:

Braymere said...

WOW! Those are great. I hope I am lucky enough to win one of them. :D

Danielle Feldman said...

Those pink mailers are so YOU! How incredibly clever, love it!

Mini Hoofbeats Studio said...

I was on Braymere when I noticed the thumbnail to your recent post in the blog list and I thought, "Those drawings look familiar...I drew those pictures...OH, Good! She got them!! Must read post!" I'll have to write a post on my blog on how I made them. I'm glad you like them :)
~Daphne Headley