Friday, January 29, 2021

Orange is Not My Favorite Color

      I don't really like orange. Travis loves orange, and he looks good in orange, so I often buy orange shirts, but I don't much like the color. Recently I had an order for a doll who was to match a saddle pad. The main color was cream with a bit of light blue, chocolate brown and orange. I felt that skipping the orange would make the doll only sort of match the pad. I didn't want that. 
     I had a bit of this fabric (I think this one came from Maire's stash) that was sort of a pale orange color. So I cut out a bunch of the designs and put them on light blue glitter fabric and then glued those shapes onto the doll. I added a bit of brighter orange trim in a few places. And I actually really love how this turned out!

      I still don't love orange, but I do love when the need to make a doll with different colors stretches my imagination a bit and let's me create a new doll design. I really like the overall look of this one. I may need to see if I can somewhat replicate it a bit in different colors. That will be another interesting challenge. 

2 comments:

Danielle Feldman said...

I feel you. I really don't like orange either!

Lynn Isenbarger said...

It's my favorite color! Such a happy one.