I had a bit of this fabric (I think this one came from Maire's stash) that was sort of a pale orange color. So I cut out a bunch of the designs and put them on light blue glitter fabric and then glued those shapes onto the doll. I added a bit of brighter orange trim in a few places. And I actually really love how this turned out!
I still don't love orange, but I do love when the need to make a doll with different colors stretches my imagination a bit and let's me create a new doll design. I really like the overall look of this one. I may need to see if I can somewhat replicate it a bit in different colors. That will be another interesting challenge.