February 1st was on Monday. I would like to wonder for a second how several months in 2020 seems to last for several years each and then January of 2021 flew by in the blink of an eye. Was that just me? Or did anyone else have that experience with January?
Anyway, February 1st was the first day of NaMoPaiMo. The first day we are allowed to work on our officially entered horses. January 31st I had plenty of motivation and wanted to paint. February 1st it was snowing and we were doing school remotely from home and I no longer wanted to do anything. Winter is a super struggle for me. There are days where I can get a ton of things done, as long as I don't stop. Monday I got some doll work taken care of. I finished an order and then had no energy left to try to do anything else. No paint went on my NaMoPaiMo horse.
Tuesday came, there was a lot of snow on the ground and we were still home doing virtual school. I dug a path to the road in case the mail came and Ethan cleared out the rest of the snow. I had a weird, semi-frustrating day of online school and then I went out to do the laundry. The good news on that is the new-to-me laundromat was open again, fully renovated. All brand new machines. And they are fast. And still cheap. Still, I did not get any doll work done and I did not get any paint on my NaMoPaiMo horse. It's still early in the month, it could be worse.
So Wednesday came and I decided I needed to take action and I posted this on Facebook.With that in mind I thought about NaMoPaiMo all day. When I got home from school I got out some spray paint and put a base coat on Barnaby. His photo even made it into Jennifer's post about basecoats. The paint was not perfect, but it is a base coat, it does not need to be perfect. I put him aside for several hours and worked on a doll that I needed to get off my brain.
After supper and a couple of evening chores I got out the eyeshadow and got to work. And let me just say, this is the nicest part of this poor horse. There is something horrible going on on his other side, I don't even know what it is. The paint may have had a sticky spot. The paint also seemed to drip in a couple of spots and he has some weird areas. At the moment Barnaby looks really bad. Other than this one photo which doesn't look horrible. I am going to let him sit for at least 24 hours and see if whatever is going on with his base layer is dry enough to sand a bit. Because if you are careful, and use a fine enough grit, you can sand your paint. If he is still weird and sticky, or if the sanding makes him worse, I may have to strip him and reprime. I am hoping that is not the case, I hate stripping horses. And if I can't save this start I have, maybe I can at least sand him smooth enough to just lightly prime over. We will see.
So NaMoPaiMo has officially started and I have officially started my horse finally. And I may have to restart my horse. The dolls have been working a bit as well but shooed me away when I asked about getting some photos. Hopefully soon.