Sunday, April 11, 2021

I May Have a Problem

     Hi, my name is Anne and I have an addiction to miniatures. I love tiny things. I love really realistic tiny things especially. Terri Wright makes some of the coolest realistic miniature things I have seen in a very long time. And she makes them in 1:9 scale. Which makes them even better. 
     On Friday when I got home from work there was a package on the stairs (two actually, but only one was for me this time). In the package was my latest order of 1:9 scale "dollhouse" furniture from Terri. I snagged some items from her last online sale and I also ordered a couple of things. Or begged her for them and she agreed to make them. The details are fuzzy now. I got this AMAZING wicker chair, which I spent a good 5 minutes staring at from every angle when I took it out of the box. I got the desk, with working drawers, a super cute side table drawer, a tall floor lamp, and the world's most perfect coffee table. Or at least it is exactly what I told Terri I wanted. I absolutely love it. And the unfinished pieces will make for a fun future blog post. I have a plan. 
      So something that I decided needed to happen was to test out my tall lamp. At first I thought it didn't work but then I poked the batteries and the light came on. It would be an awesome piece even if it was not a working lamp, but the fact that it works just makes it that much better. 

     Now that I had tested the tall lamp I realized I was a super slacker and had never tested the table lamp that I got from the first sale Terri held. That was a silly oversite. So I tried that out, and it is also amazingly cool. You may also want to take note that the tote behind the lamps in the photos is ALL 1:9 scale dollhouse stuff. I have a lot of furniture and things. I DID say I may have a problem...

        I am in need of a dollhouse for all of my cool furniture. But I don't want an actual dollhouse. I don't have space for that. I was thinking that what would be cool would be a foldable dollhouse. Something that at least has walls, maybe floors/carpeting, that I could set up and take down and easily store. Ideally I would like to have at least a 2 room foldable dollhouse. I have enough furniture to fill a bedroom/craft room, a living room and dining area... yes, at least a 2 room house. It would also work nicely for a barn apartment with a semi-open floor plan. I have ideas. I just need some time to make them real. Or I need to decide I want to ask someone to make my ideas real. One of those things. 

No comments: