Thursday, April 1, 2021

Home

      Sometimes I am a super slacker and I forget to make posts. Or I am so busy that I can’t find the time for ones that may be just a little more in depth. I already posted about Little Elecktra coming home do get a bit of updating, and how I ruined the surprise of the signature horse. Little Elecktra is already off again to visit with Stephanie Blaylock, so I need to catch up on things. Here she is with her new face, hair and glasses. I think she looks nice.
    Even though I waited until Spring to make her warm clothing (I am such a slacker when it comes to making things for myself!) I finally made Elecktra a warm coat to travel with. She can wear it or not, depending on the weather. But at least now she has it. I have no idea how long she will continue to travel.
    While Little Elecktra was home she of course had to hang out with Tiny Abby.

They were so excited to see each other!
     It really was a very touching reunion. Little Elecktra and Tiny Abby are very close.
Real Elecktra and real Abby were also very close.
     Little Elecktra and Tiny Abby also spent some time hanging out with the new horse. I have been struggling to come up with a name for him that I liked. While I was listening to Halestorm and invoicing and packing on Sunday, the song Apocoliptic came on. I think that might be his name. We’ll see. I don’t have to settle until I put him in a show. 
     Little Elecktra also did some riding and helped me work on a variety of show photos. This barrels entry was pretty interesting to take. There was a bit of photo show trickery involved. I actually propped the horse up on an angle with a very short pole. The whole thing also fell over several times before I managed this shot! I am fairly happy with it, though it is not quite the way I wanted it. Maybe I will retake it again at some point.

        Little Elecktra only stayed with me for one weekend and then she headed off to visit with Stephanie. From what I have heard she has been having a lot of fun! I can’t wait to share her letters with you!




No comments: