Another bit of feedback was having one claim code if I have a group of multiple items. For example, the mystery bags. All of them were numbered, and somewhat different from each other (as always) but I can see that being a thing I might do. Then just run down the list of claims until I run out.
Saturday I had my test run of the semi-live sale format. Some things were the same as they have always been. I went live at the stated time, I chit-chatted with people, made claim bags, and made plenty of weird faces.
There was also plenty of opportunity to look at nothing but my unicorn backdrop as I stepped out of the frame over and over. I got the suggestion to turn my pone sideways to give a wider angle. I might try that. It may also make it impossible to read the comments that way, I just don't know. And I do still need to read them on the phone, I can't see the live while I am checking comments on the Facebook page.
Something I figured out for myself while rewatching the video was that I spent a lot of time looking down and trying to figure out not only who had claimed an item, but which code corresponded to which item. It may still be a really good idea to have the numbers on the items. That should make them easier to grab.
For the most part, people seemed to view this style of sale in a positive way. They felt it was very fair, they liked the pacing, and said I seemed a lot more laid back. While I do get silly and crazy at times, mostly I am in reality a very laid back person. Sorry to disappoint anyone who just comes for the crazy!
After the test sale I also did the live feed (lol, sort of) of the show results for the Field of Dolls Online Spring show. But that group page didn't give me a nice, easy to find "go live" button. It gave me a create a room button. So I started a room since it felt like I had no other choice. I did all of the door prize drawings, announced the top 5 and champ and reserve, and then I wrapped it up and posted the full results in several places. It could have gone better. It definitely also could have gone worse.
Saturday night I did the invoicing from the sale. It was easy because there were only a dozen people who claimed items. I got that done quickly and painlessly.
Sunday was packing and postage day. I got out the BIG bag of show prizes and the small bag of live sale stuff and I got to work. I always hope that this will be a quick and easy process. It never is. This time around it took me about 4 and a half hours. I want to give a heartfelt thank you to everyone that sent their show entry by goods and service like I asked. Each of you saved me several minutes and I appreciate it.
Looking at the photo I can see how I could still use the brown paper bag and the addition of the ribbon and tag would make it look a lot nicer overall. I'll have to think on that one. But I did really like this. I liked the way the sale ran and how relaxed I felt the whole time. I like sending pink packages and I really like that some packages that are going out will be even more pink than usual. I guess now that I have worked some things out it is time to start getting ready for the August sale.
Remember those packaging goals I was talking about the other day? I actually own this embossing tool that Ethan got me years ago. It is super easy to make little custom hang tags for things, I used to do it all the time. I don't know why I stopped. Laziness maybe.
I still used paper bags for claim bags but I went and got cute pink ones (which admittedly are more expensive than brown paper, but they make for a way cuter package!). They were easy to fold down and turn into a cute little package with not too much extra effort. True, making the tags, cutting and tying ribbon and so on does take more time than rolling up a paper bag and taping it shut, but I think this is going to be so much nicer for people to get than the rolled up lunch bag. And it made me happy to do it.