Wednesday, April 14, 2021

The Art of Losing Things

      For the most part I am incredibly organized. I have a small amount of space that I live in and Ethan and I both make things. We have a lot of stuff. But we usually know where things are. I however have the amazing ability to lose things WHILE I am looking at them! The other day I was putting away my doll box and holding a handful of finished things for my semi-live sale, and I dropped one of the micro pouches. I saw it fall. And that was it. It was gone. I moved my doll bag, my backpack, looked through my backpack, got a flashlight... gone. I will find that micro pouch some day, but today is not that day. Anyway, I had 6 pouches finished. Now I have 5. 
      I managed to hang onto the 4 bareback pads I got done. I am out of buckles so this is it. There are 4 for now and there can be more in August. But the semi-live sale is a test and I don't need a lot of things for sale, just a handful of a few things. These will work. 
      All of the original backpacks I made had a bit of cardboard in bottom and Velcro to hold them closed under the flap. I don't think any of these actually need that. So I will call these done. I want to make a few more of them, but probably not more than 3 more at the moment. 
      So I have some things ready for my semi-live sale and a few more things planned. I am not currently motivated to do much. I judged a bit of the Field of Dolls Online show and I have a chunk left to go on that, but I am trying not to push myself too hard. I have some time. Speaking of that, I received an incredibly generous donation from Susan Hargrove which will keep the current Field of Dolls show from making me sad (broke) and will help get us going for the Field of Dolls Online Fall show. That will definitely make continuing the show easier. Thank you also to everyone that has donated, cash or items, and everyone that entered! The shows are a lot of work, but they are a good time. The semi-live sale sounds like it will be a lot of work too. But I have a feeling that might also end up being a good time.

 (since I wrote this I found the missing pouch. In my backpack) 


 

2 comments:

Jamie Choe said...

This always happens to me! I've lost an entire tack set before, I'm sure I'll find it soon...

Betsy in WI said...

Oh, I do like the primitive horses bareback pad!