Thursday, January 13, 2022

It’s started

     Remember this little doll from the Firefly photos? She is getting some work done. I guess it is possible that I could have just punched another hole or two in the stirrups, but that's silly. Obviously the answer is to make the doll's legs longer. 
    So I started on some surgery. I cut her leg wire and worked on splicing in a new piece. Sometimes that actually works. And sometimes it doesn't. 
     This was one of the times it didn't work. So I decided to just take her legs off and start again. She still has a long way to go, and I have to make her new clothes from the waist down, but she will be better when I am done. She is also getting a bendy neck while I am into fixing her. 
     Monday we don't have school and I am very happy we will have another 3 day weekend. I have not been getting the best sleep and I have been very tired this week. So my doll work has been slow again. I am making progress, just not quickly. Tuesday I am getting a new student in 2 of my classes. I can't imagine starting at a new school in the middle of the school year. I feel like we should do some introduction stuff to make them feel welcome. 
 

No comments: