Thursday, January 27, 2022

Live Show Games Part 3

     One of my favorite ways to challenge myself at a live show was to see how many awards I could get with a single horse. At this particular show Caramel Latte, who is a Leggs resin sculpted by Liesl Dalpe and painted by Joan Yount, was the horse of choice. She showed in harness in the morning, which was a full division of its own at this show. She clearly did well in it. 
She also showed in western, in a variety of classes. 
   And she showed in English. This is a similar Other English (testing a new therapeutic riding horse) entry to the one I talked about yesterday. Different horse, rider, and other dolls, but the same idea. It's a fun, somewhat different idea for other English. I think I added a note saying that this was at a horse show at the therapeutic riding barn and the rider helped between her classes. 
    Caramel Latte also showed in the other performance/costume division. This was my picnic at a horse show scene. It was the perfect class to follow showmanship. I had the entry set up and just moved the horse and handler over. I like entries that easily follow each other like this. The picnic idea actually originated for this particular class list (different show though). Usually, to win champs, you need the most points. If you have multiple entries in a division (and the champs are done in the usual way, by points) you are more likely to win. And I really love an entry where I can use a ton of dolls and miniatures!
     In the end, Caramel Latte won multiple champs and reserves at this show. I think she got champ or reserve in every division she was entered in. And then went on to get overall champ or reserve (I would have to figure out exactly which show this was, find the results, I don't want to). This was definitely a really fun challenge! And it must have been a while ago, since my hair is just brown. 
     I really like the format of showing one horse in absolutely everything in a show. Sure, the horse is not always an excellent fit for everything, but it is a really easy way to show (you only have to bring one horse!). And it makes for some really excellent win photos when the plan works out. 
 

3 comments:

Adah R. (Spotted Dreams Studio) said...

Ooh! Question. Can I borrow your idea of showing a therapeutic horse test? It's a very original idea so I wanted to check with you before I replicate it. Thanks! :)

Anne Field said...

Adah, you are welcome to use that idea. That was something we did at the barn where I volunteered, but I am sure it happens in some way or other at most (or all) therapy barns.

Adah R. (Spotted Dreams Studio) said...

Thanks! I appreciate it. I have a performance show coming up, and I needed some original ideas! :)