Monday, March 29, 2021

Post Sale Wrap Up

      People have often expressed that they are amazed at how I can run the live sales by myself. Or even said it would overwhelm them. My response is usually that I am super organized and crazy. The crazy helps for sure. I just roll with whatever happens. But the super organized and efficient makes it so I don't end up even crazier than I start out. Sunday when I got ready to do my invoicing and packing I got everything set up in easy stations. I put my computer up on a box so I could stand and hopefully save my back, I had the postage scale ready, the bag of miniature things, and all the bubble mailers, boxes, tissue paper, stickers, business cards and of course, bags of claimed items. I was ready to go. 

     I was planning on listening to the the Mares in Black while I worked but it turns out I can't invoice if I have to concentrate at all on what I am listening to. So I put YouTube on TV, and the Halestorm channel, and had a great time listening to my favorite band and invoicing. 
     As I did the invoicing for each batch of items I also packed and weighed them. I then put the person's name on the package, and the weight of the package. This will make doing the shipping labels so much faster than it could be!

     Next I put everything back in alphabetical order, which will also make things go more quickly when it comes to printing out and applying the shipping labels. Whatever I can do to make things more efficient. 
     On that note, I was thinking about the new way I want to try to do the live sales and trying to think of ways to make the invoicing more efficient. I was thinking that maybe preregistering could be helpful. All I actually want from people at the end of the sale is their email address (so I know where to send the invoice), the country they live in (for the shipping rate) and if their name is different on their paypal so I don't have to figure out where the money came from. Most people do a really great job at this and give me exactly what I ask for. Some people do not and what was meant to make things a bit easier for me actually makes it a bit harder. People who were not preregistered would still be able to purchase, but having most people's info could be helpful. But I don't know if it's going to be a thing. I'll have to think about it. 
     In news unrelated to my live sale, I already got some progress photos of my new arena! It was not even supposed to be started until the middle of April so this is definitely exciting for me. I know that even if it is finished fairly soon it will likely be a long time before I see it. But I am prepared for that.
     So another live sale if finished and I am going to start working on shipping today. I am also, as usual, thinking of ways to make the sales run more efficiently. We will see how it goes. Now I can shift my focus to the Field of Dolls Online show. Entries and uploading are open until April 10th. There are tons of prizes! More prizes are always welcome!
 

No comments: