Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Back Into It

      Last week was the first week of school and it went pretty well. I had just the one schedule change, but it was a good one, so that worked out nicely. Having a 3 day weekend after the first week of school was nice too. Our friend George came over on Saturday, and that was great. We haven't seen him for a long time. We had a cookout and a nice visit and really nice weather. Sunday was raining (again) so ended up being sort of a lazy day. I did an artist spotlight with Heather and Jackie for Mares in Black, which was a ton of fun. Of course I am now thinking of all the ways I could have answered things better, or stayed more on topic. I have way too much fun talking to those two!
     Monday Travis and I had the day off from school and Elecktra also had the day off, so we went out to do the laundry together. We did some errands in between and after and then when we got home I got back into some doll work for the 1st time in a bit over a week. And Elecktra made chili. 
     I could have very easily kept not working on dolls for a while. I was enjoying doing less. And the first week of school was a bit rough and I needed naps when I got home. Rough only because of adjusting to the earlier getting up time. It's still summer so I am not getting up at dark o'clock just yet, but soon enough I will be. Anyway, a day off of school seemed like a good time to get back into work on doll things. Though I started by working on dog things. I got started on these 6 dog vests. I wasn't sure I was ever going to make any of them again but people liked them so much that I thought I would make some more. The colors are not showing super well in this photo though. The top one is sky blue and the one above the teal one at the bottom is pale pink. I have to remember where I put my quick clip buckles (just found them!) and I can get those finished, add the handles, make leashes, finish the pouches, and do the tags. I am getting there. I could probably have gotten more done on them, but we were doing errands, laundry, and hanging out a bit. I have time. 
     My current goals for this week are light ones. I want to finish up the dog vests sets, I have a driving doll to make, and I have not really thought any further than that. I had an idea for another miniature I want to offer at the next live sale so I might start trying to work up prototypes of that. I have some ideas but my ideas need a bit more work. Hopefully I can share soon!
 

No comments: