Thursday, September 9, 2021

Slight Redesign

      The dog vests/harnesses were a new design that I offered at my last live sale. I try to have one or two new items for each one. When interest wanes on an item I either stop making them or make them only rarely. Like the horse boots. Those are much less likely to sell than they used to be. So I haven't been making them. Maybe people have all the horse boots they need. Maybe they are finding boots they like more (likely, mine are OK, but not super great). But for now I am not making horse boots. I wasn't going to make any more dog vests after the first batch, but they were a really popular item. I don't know if it was because they were new and different or because they were pretty cheap. But since people liked them so much I decided to make some for the next live sale (which will be Black Friday). I will have to raise the prices a tiny bit because they have a lot of steps and I wasn't coming even close to compensating myself for the time. But none of the prices on my things are crazy. 
      I did a bit of a redesign on them this time around. I was informed that even though vests are advertised with search and rescue printed on the pouches, search and rescue dogs don't wear pouches because they might get caught on things. So I made completely blank pouches. They are still removable and I have "service dog" and "search and rescue" on removable labels. That gives these sets a variety of ways they can be used. I have 6 this time, 2 colors are repeats from the first sale but the rest are new. 
     I guess this means I am officially in the countdown to my next live sale. I have 6 items ready for it and 11 weeks to get ready. Wow, when you look at it that way I have almost no time at all! So I guess I better get into what I want to make next. I have a miniature I need to do some design work for, as well as figure out exactly how I want it to be. I am still working on the cat sets plan, but I don't know if that will be a workable idea this time around. We'll see. For now I can just get started on all the other things I need to get finished for the sale. 


 

No comments: