Thursday, December 30, 2021

2021 Doll Year Review

     2021 has felt like the year I let so many things go. I stopped pushing myself to work so hard, stopped insisting to myself that I have to ship things the second they are paid for (ex. same day or next day), and I felt like I worked at a much slower pace. Translation: I felt like I didn't get a lot done. School has been weird for the entire year. Things have not gotten easier since I have been teaching, and it really does seem I am slacking on doll work. But I did make things, I have photo evidence. 
      I made a variety of specialty dolls.
Western pleasure and hunt seat dolls. 
Casual dolls in both English and Western clothing.
Saddle seat dolls. 
fancy hats driving dolls
and definitely hoodie dolls. 
In the end I made:
1 driving doll
2 youth dolls
2 dressage dolls
3 saddle seat dolls
7 casual English dolls
8 cowboys
12 casual western dolls
15 hunt seat dolls
16 specialty dolls
17 western pleasure dolls
27 hoodie dolls 
for a total of 110 dolls in 2021. 

      I seem to average about 100-150 dolls a year, so I really am right on target this year. Plus I made a large amount of miniature items. Maybe next year I will learn to be comfortable with the more relaxed work attitude. Maybe I will learn to trust that I am still getting the things done. I might still finish up several dolls I have in the works today (I am close!) but for now I can say I have finished a total of 1571 since I started in 2006. That's a lot of dolls. I can't wait to see what 2022 brings. 
 




3 comments:

JL Wenrich said...

I THINK YOUR DOLLS ARE BEAUTIFUL AND WELL PROPORTIONED. DO YOU EVER MAKE KID DOLLS AROUND 8 YEARS OLD?

Anne Field said...

I make dolls on the bodies that are available. Currently I don't think there is anything that replicates an 8 year old very well.

Braymere said...

Happy New Year, Anne!