Sunday, December 5, 2021

Maid Marion, Sort Of

       My Black Friday sale is mostly wrapped up at this point. I am still working on finishing some dolls that were ordered as ride-along-dolls to go with order claims. I am still waiting on some partial payments, but mostly everything is paid and shipped. It was efficient and didn't make me completely crazy to get it all done. I allowed myself the luxury of waiting until this weekend to ship the items that were not paid for last weekend (those items all went out last Monday). My work pace has been a little bit slower partially because school is so much more hectic at the moment. Sometimes I am just too mentally exhausted and I need some downtime. Which, let's be honest, I get like that even if I barely have anything to do at school all day. Now I just have a better excuse. 
       Anyway, one doll that was not part of anything to do with Black Friday was this medieval doll. The reference keyword I was given was Maid Marion type. So that is what I googled. I also was sent a variety of different dress options and I really liked this one. She is not exact to the reference, almost nothing is in 1:9 scale, but she is very similar and I really like how she came out. Though her sleeves don't seem to want to cooperate well for photographs. I wish they were flowier, but the material just isn't. I think she came out well though. 
     Saturday was an excellent mail day and my new micro came in from my Maggie's Monthly micro subscription. I saw a photo of this pony online early Saturday before mine arrived and was not sure I liked her enough to keep her. Now that I have seen her in person I am not sure that I can let her go, lol. Though I do have way more unpainted micros (still) than I need. She may stay for a bit. She may go to a new home. I have not decided yet. But she sure is nice!
      Something really interesting I have noticed about school. I am super busy trying to keep all the balls in the air, and the days go by incredibly quickly. Which is sort of to be expected. If I am actively teaching something that definitely takes time, and the time passing is usually not super noticeable. If the kids are working independently and I am working on some other aspect of my job, the time passes super quickly. Even the most frustrating class I have (which is only sometimes frustrating, sometimes they are great) goes by quickly. Maybe it is because last year we had 90 minute block classes, I have no idea. But anyway, the days passing quickly is not surprising. The amount of energy I have is. It might have a bit to do with the supplements I have been taking. I have had more energy since I started with them. But I think it is that my energy builds on itself. The more I do, the more energy I have. And when I stop, to sit and write an email or a blog post, I don't all of a sudden crash. My energy has been fairly steady for a while now. I like it. Sometimes my brain just needs a break and I spend too much time screwing around online, but I have heard that I do too much so I guess some times of zombie brain are not horrible. 
     Anyway, things are going well at school, home is great as always, and the other day I let Travis leave me in a store, to walk all the way across the store (out of sight) to get something he wanted. After a minute I was a little nervous but he came back. I figured he would, he needed me to buy the thing he wanted, but it was a huge (scary!) step to let him do that. I guess the Dollar Store, which is just one medium sized square store with aisles, was a good place to do that. I would not do that in a Walmart or anything, but it worked out the other day. Progress.
     
 

1 comment:

ELauer said...

Your Maid Marian doll is quite lovely.