Wednesday, December 29, 2021

I Have Regrets

     Remember how the other day I said I have issues? I am not an OF collector but I keep joining Breyer clubs and I keep buying blind bag and blind bag type items. I LIKE the chase. I LIKE seeing what I get. That is a really fun part for me. But now I have a whole bunch of stuff here that I don't need, have no space for, and wonder why I bought it. 
     So for the CC appreciation sale I had to buy $150 of stuff to get my "free" glossy. I sold the glossy, but now I have all these other things I bought, that I don't need. What is wrong with me? The other day I finally pulled out the pony from the set with the blanket and doll, and the pony is really lovely!
     I don't have OF collector's eyes, but I can see nice shading when it is present, which it is on this model. Is she flawless? Doubtful. Nothing in reality is flawless. But she is a really excellent piece. I think. I sort of bought her for a friend who sort of wants a pony on this mold. And then I remembered I already got her a holiday gift and really need to get my spending under control and I can't just buy people presents all the time. Though I really do like giving gifts. Anyway, this pony is looking for a new home. I have not listed her anywhere because that is effort I haven't managed yet. 
     I also got myself the winter decorator Baltazar. Now this horse is amazing! I love clearware, I love pink and blue together (though I am really not a fan of gold) but I have nowhere to put this horse! He does remind me strongly of She-Ra's horse that I had when I was little. I had the clear pink crystal horse. I hated it because it was not real horse colored. I ended up painting it (mane, tail and all) with enamel paint. It looked horrendous. But it was horse colored. Not sure why all of a sudden I am drawn to decorators. Anyway, this poor horse also has nowhere for me to put it, and will also be for sale. 
    Then there is this horse. I love this mold, love this horse, and had a vague idea to get it to customize or to use as a traditional scale pony. Wait... you already have TWO horses you are customizing in the closet and have not worked on either in months! AND you already have plenty of ponies and pony sized things. So yeah, I also don't need this horse and will be putting her up for sale sooner or later. Even the Breyer tote bag I bought, which I have been eyeballing for months, is a disappointment. It's kind of a weird shape, and stiff... and I don't like it. But it's a bag so that one I will likely keep. 
     I have also been thinking of other horses I am hanging onto. Like my Breyerfest Dani. I adore that horse, but I already have a horse on that mold that I show the crap out of (and have a space for). So Dani has been in her box since I got her. I have Hal, who I mentioned the other day, who I was keeping because he was the last horse my friend Pat traded me. BUT Pat also trade me Ichabad Crane (who I show the crap out of) so do I really NEED to keep Hal? Likely not, he will also tentatively be for sale. There may also be others, I am not even sure what I have yet. 
     Anyway, my point in all of this is I have done a lot of impulse buying over the last 6 months or so and now I have regrets. I have too many horses that are in boxes or totes, and it is unlikely I will magically get space to display them any time soon. It's time to let them go. Time to purge (again) and be brutal about it. Micros and minis, nothing is safe!
 

3 comments:

Amy V said...

I love the Palomino Bouncer- depending on what you are asking I would be interested. I am like you- I like what I like!... Hubby thinks I have enough models- he OBVIOUSLY doesn't understand the concept of COLLECTING!! ;)Thank you, Amy V.

Anne Field said...

The palomino isn't Bouncer, it's the newish Welsh mare (originally Rhian)that was part of the Premier club in 2019. She's been claimed.

timaru star ii said...

Welcome to my world... my word for purge is decimation. :) Dreadfully scary in ancient history terms, but useful for models, as it means I only have to pull out a tenth of them.