Thursday, December 9, 2021

Worth the Wait

      I have wanted one of Kelly Sealey's circus ponies for years. I almost bought an unpainted one on several different occasions. The shipping charges for one pony coming from overseas is a bit prohibitive. I never had enough things I wanted enough to make the shipping more palatable. So I never bought an unpainted micro circus pony. 
      Then recently, somewhere around Breyerfest, I started buying painted micros. I have seen one of two painted circus ponies, but I have either missed them or not loved them. And then, all of a sudden, I saw this pony on MH$P.

      She was painted by Kenzie Williamson of Bridle Tree Studio. Not only do I love the little circus pony, but I love Kenzie's work. This pony is awesome, even with the horrible cell phone photos I am sharing, and was definitely worth the wait. Though now it's probably time to stop spending money and just save like it's my job. And honestly, with as much as I have been working lately it's kind of amazing I have time to spend money. Weird skill I guess. 
     Happy Friday everyone! Teaching keeps me so busy that the school days fly by super quickly. The bad/sad part is I pretty much never get to see any of my school friends. I don't usually have time to go and see anyone in the morning. I usually get in and have to copy something, or double check something. But I am at least starting to catch up on things. I have lesson plans through next week and a bunch of other ideas mostly set. I have my color-coded to-do list (not kidding. The 4 different subjects are color coded in my plan book with the corresponding colors highlighting the items on the to-do list.) and I have things sorted (that are already copied) and organized in the files in my drawer and highlighted notes in the book when there is a video that goes with the lesson. You think with all of my scary organization I could start to relax and feel like I was doing OK. But I still have a low-level amount of mild panic. I am hoping that goes away soon. 
 

1 comment:

timaru star ii said...

Love the color-coding idea!
Low-level panic seems to be a curse of the 21st C. Seasonal changes may help. I wish you the best on relaxing!