Saturday, December 18, 2021

More Tack Making


     This is a bridle. Or at least, it will be a bridle when it is done being random bits of leather cord and silver pieces hanging out on the table. Last weekend I got into making the bridle I need for the western side saddle I am having made. Why a western side saddle? Because I don't have one, obviously. 
     I don't love the way the ear piece came out for this bridle. I don't hate it, but I don't love it and I might remake it at some point. 
     There is a lot fewer beads on this bridle in comparison to my Morgan western pleasure bridle. For two reasons. One, I ran out of beads. And two, Morgan horse bridles have a ridiculous amount of silver on them. Almost all of them. Usually men's stuff seems to be a bit more toned down (at least clothing) but even the men's bridles had silver on almost the entire length of the reins. Western side saddle seems to be almost minimal in comparison. Ooh, I need to get a comparison photo of the two bridles together! Maybe when I have my new saddle. 
     I also went with the thinner cord for this bridle. Sometimes I love it and sometimes I think it is potentially a bit too thin. I should put on a doll on the horse and check and see how I feel about it then. Anyway, another bridle is finished, now I just need to make one for Astrid. And since I got some bits in the bits and pieces (lol, bits and pieces...) of tack making stuff I got from Jana I am all set to make another bridle. Maybe I should get into that today. I guess we'll see. 



 

No comments: