Saturday, December 25, 2021

Christmas Cheer

     Merry Christmas! Guess who didn't have a post ready? Again. That would be me. I meant to write a post last night. I even thought about it and then... went and read and forgot all about it. Keeping up with the daily blog has been a super struggle lately. Mostly because I have not been getting much done with the doll work. I may have to skip some days in 2022. I am afraid if I start skipping I will hardly ever blog. Maybe I need a topic list. 
     Thursday was our last day of school before the break. My friend Jen brought me this very cute gift! The mug has a "cupcake" made from a swirled pair of cozy socks. She was upset that it didn't have a red pom-pom cherry on top, because the craft store was completely out of them. I told her it's fine, I'm allergic to cherries anyway, lol! The candle crackles like a fireplace. What a cute gift!
One of my students, who isn't even one of mine currently, brought me this cute candy cane mug, Kisses, hot chocolate, and a candy cane. 
    I also got this themed gift from another students, who isn't currently mine. I think at some point Elecktra and I will make some cookies together... that she can eat, lol. 
      These gifts were very thoughtful and made my day. My friend wanted to give me chocolate and cupcakes, but knows I can't eat normal ones, so she made me a cupcake (which is way cuter in person) and that was fantastic. Two students, who saw me when I was a para in their classes (paras are usually somewhat invisible to students), brought me gifts. Thoughtful, wonderful gifts. I had student bring me a card and one even made me a card. All of it is amazing. I am reminded of this meme I stole from my friend Jenn's Facebook page. 
    

     I don't need gifts, I have plenty of stuff, but to know that someone was thinking of me is much. Every blog comment I get is like a gift. Someone thought enough of my words to say something in return. I know we don't always have something to say, I read blogs (about once a week at this point...) and only sometimes have something to say to the writer. But I love it. Merry Christmas to those who celebrate, happy anything else you celebrate. If you celebrate nothing, Happy Saturday. Thank you for reading my blog. Thank you of thinking enough of my words to keep coming back. :) 


 

6 comments:

Valerie Lacayo said...

Merry Christams. I have read your blog everyday since I discovered your page earlier this year. I usually don't comment, because I really have nothing to say that doesn't sound dumb. I love you doll I bought from your Black Friday sale. I named her Mercedes, my cat is also named Mercedes, but I didn't name her after the cat, Mercedes is the name my doll asked for. If that makes sense?

Adah R. (Spotted Dreams Studio) said...

I read your blog everyday. It's the first thing I do in the morning when I get up. (Even before I caffeinate lol)

Anne Field said...

Valerie, one of the horses at the barn where I used to lead trails was named Mercedes. And it was one of the names of the Characters in The Count of Monte Cristo. It's a good name.

Anne Field said...

Adah, I am not sure my blog is worthy of being read before caffeine! I will have to put in more effort!

Emily said...

Keep writing Anne, I don't often comment because it is very hard for me to put thoughts into words. You are an amazing human, teacher and part of the hobby. Merry Christmas

Adah R. (Spotted Dreams Studio) said...

Lol, it is to me! Your blog is such a blessing.