Wednesday, December 8, 2021

How Does This Keep Happening

     I spend a lot of time sorting out my fabric drawer. I think it is because I start out with the best of intentions... and then just shove piles of fabric in when I am done with them. So in a short amount of time I end up with a jumbled mess like this, and I have no idea what I have for fabric. So before I could even dig out what I needed I had to clean. Again. 
     I got the fabric all organized, though not quite as organized as I usually have it (I usually sort by type and color family) but I am short on time these days. But I knew what I had, and what I didn't have that I needed, so I could at least get started cutting out the clothes. That was all I managed on Tuesday afternoon. I was not highly motivated. 
     After school yesterday Travis and I stopped at Joann's. I had to get some royal blue fabric for a saddle seat doll I need to make. How could I have let myself run out of royal blue? It's one of my favorite colors. Well anyway, Travis and I got to see one of the employees that loves him so much (every time she sees Travis she says it makes her day!) and we picked out some toys. Why do we all of a sudden buy toys when we go to Joann's? I have no idea. But I got myself a squishable pink unicorn thing that is only for ME to fidget with at school (I have a basket of fidget toys for the kids. Yes, I clean them after people play with them). If I ever have time, lol! I am really efficient but I have 4 subjects to plan for and it takes a lot of time. Plus I spend a lot of time actually teaching. The kids need it. And then they need repetition. And then more repetition. Which makes it easier in some ways. I only have to remind myself of a thing once (if I don't remember it). Today we were working on inequality properties. I hate properties. But I explain to the kids that they need to have at least seen them because they will see them again now and til the end of time. So we do them. Today I got to teach in front of not one, but two consultants. I'm sort of amazed that I was completely unphased by them being there. They aren't there for me, so I say hello, find them a seat and then ignore them completely. But the number of other adults in the room has gone up at times and it's not bothering me. Which is nice. I am sure I will see the consultants again for at least one more of my classes. That one is bound to be VERY interesting!

 

No comments: