Saturday, December 4, 2021

Give Me a "T"

      In honor of Karen Crossley, a Canadian hobbyist and active blogger who unexpectedly passed away in July of 2020, Lynn Isenbarger and I are finishing Karen's alphabetical tour of her collection, with tours of our own collection. Today's letter is T.

       Today we are going to talk about Time Lord. He is my Indian Silver resin painted by Liesl Dalpe. I already talked a lot about him when I repurchased him last year from my friend Iva, but we can talk about him again. 

       I love this horse. He has not done all that much as a show horse, since he is not particularly performance friendly. Don't get me wrong, any horse can be shown in performance with enough creativity. But he is never going to be a particularly versatile performance horse. Still, I love this mold. Something about him just makes me really happy, and the beautiful bay that Liesl painted him is my favorite shade of bay. I was definitely happy to add him back into my collection. Even if he mostly just sits on the shelf and looks pretty.

      So Time Lord isn't a particularly performance friendly horse, but he was perfect for the first Mares in Black Spooctacular show. I believe the prompt for this was Just Dance. He looks like he's doing a little spooked dance at the evil plastic bag. He's pretty good at spooking. 
      So then this year I decided I was going to use Time Lord for my main horse at the Mares in Black Spooktacular 2 show. The class list this time around was a traditional horse show class list with a Halloween themed twist. So I set up a Halloween themed arena and took a bunch of traditional horse show photos with a very untraditional performance horse. Though Time Lord is not bad at the trail gate. 
      And he worked well for my Jester entry. It really didn't matter what the horse was doing for this. 
     I have not been to a live show since November of 2019 and currently I have no desire to go. It's weird. I remember a time when I could not imagine not going to shows. But right now the idea is not appealing to me. I like being able to take as long as I need to set up an entry. I like that if I find a piece of tack I thought would work for a horse doesn't, I have everything I need, and the time I need, to try to find something that works better. Time is something I have in very short supply these days. Time Lord (a Doctor Who reference for anyone that missed it) can't seem to travel through time. Being able to take all the time I need is a luxury that I have been enjoying. Plus I don't have to put on shoes. 

     Some day I will go to a live show again, though I likely won't show Time Lord in performance, at least not much. For now I will just enjoy looking at him on the shelf and being glad that he is mine. 

1 comment:

timaru star ii said...

I have one of these, unfinished but yes a great favorite. 'Good in Parade.'

Thanks for continuing with Karen's series! I miss her and read her old blog sometimes.