Wednesday, December 15, 2021

A Munday Kind of Day

        One of my somewhat recent purchases showed up yesterday. And all I can say is wow. No, I also can say, I think I need a new doll. The gorgeous western set I bought from Evelyn Munday arrived and, since she asked me to, I immediately put it on a horse and got some photos. Partly Cloudy was a gift from my friend Susan and I have not had a chance to show him yet. I did get some English tack on him when I was doing photos for the Mares in Black Spooktacular show, but I didn't get any show photos. 
     Now that I have had Partly Cloudy in western tack, which looks amazing on him (and amazing on the table, or in my tack room, or in my hand...) I definitely need to find some time to get some show photos of him. And seeing how excellent that saddle pad looks on him makes me want to make a new doll. I am thinking some sand or brown chaps with a denim blue top with either sand or brown accents. Or both, that could be nice too. 
      Partly Cloudy was painted to look like my old horse Cloud Dancing (same pattern, slightly darker color). For anyone concerned about copying, Cloud Dancing was painted by Sherry Clayton and so was Partly Cloudy. Cloud Dancing looked amazing in a sort of bright goldenrod color and royal blue. Partly Cloudy looks so nice in the denim color. I am sort of obsessed with the idea. Not that I necessarily NEED another western pleasure doll (I also want one in black and red) or have time to make another doll. I kind of also need a parade doll so I can stop using a western pleasure doll for parade. But I need to have time, lol. So maybe next year...
       So anyway, I have a new tack set, my tack room is a mess again, and soon I will need to clean it. Maybe I will get some new photos when I do. For now I will just enjoy this new western set and a renewed plan (lol, "plan") to show Partly Cloudy. There are bound to be some photo shows still happening somewhere. 
     I am managing to get some doll work done, though it's pretty slow going most of the time. Yesterday I had to break my own rule and work on some school stuff at home. My plan for today for one of my classes needed to be altered so it actually works for the group. So I had to type something up and make some fill in the blanks, instead of big empty boxes to fill up with notes. The first round, the website I was using crashed and erased all my work so I got to start again. Good times. But anyway, I have the plan now and the next two classes for that class are definitely doable and better. Six days until break. Things are going pretty well.
 

1 comment:

timaru star ii said...

Wow is right!! I'm delighted you feel the need to make a parade doll...! Happy Munday too. I love my Munday saddle.