Saturday, February 12, 2022

4.5

     You know how I have mentioned I seem to not be getting much doll work done these days? That is still true. This sandwich baggie full of things is the entirety of the items I have finished for my next live sale. That live sale is at the end of March. I am definitely struggling to get things done these days. 
      Yesterday when I got home from school I figured I would spend a nice chunk of time working on things, trying to get a nice chunk further along than I am right now. That sort of worked... and sort of didn't work at all. I did manage to get some more work done. I had to pull out, sort, and organize my fabric drawer. Again. That always takes much longer than I think it will (or should). And it never lasts all that long really. Partially because putting things away neatly would require me to pull the entire drawer out. It's placement is sort of awkward and doesn't make that particularly practical. So I clean and sort the drawer, and then I mess it up. It would be great if I could follow along with the rule of put it away once, but the storage drawers are not in a convenient place for that. Lack of space often makes everything so much harder than it needs to be. 
    Thursday and Friday of this past week were really excellent days at school. I got a good amount of work done, all of the classes were pleasant, I finally convinced kids I have been trying to help to let me (and sometimes they will even ask!) and things have been quite pleasant. I figured that with all of the good energy from good days I could come home and use that to get some doll work done. lol, I am so funny! Nope. I came home and used that good energy to do whatever I felt like doing. Which was not doll work. I was somewhat OK with that, other than I really do need to get things done sooner or later. While the school is paying me a tiny bit extra for teaching it is nowhere near enough to just drop my business all together. So I will need to push through my tired, my burnout, whatever is going on. But I won't make myself crazy getting things done. The March live sale might be light on items to purchase. I just don't know yet. 
     Yesterday I did do an OK job on getting things taken care of. I did not pull out the sewing machine to work on the sewing I need to get done for a doll order. I did cut out the pieces to make a bunch of dog beds. I also cut out the padding to make a bunch of cat beds (dog bed padding too). So I will, apparently, be working on pet sets next, lol. I still have some bareback pads cut and ready to be sewn. So now I have some bareback pads that need sewing, some doll clothes, and a bunch of dog beds. I still have not finished the repairs/upgrades on my youth doll either. So I definitely have things that I can and should be doing. It's just that getting things done is such a challenge! But I can do this. 
     I think my plan for this week is to see about finishing up the 2 dolls I am currently working on for an order and at least getting all of the pet beds done. So 2 dolls and 16 beds. The dog beds are fast, now that the pieces are all cut out. And they are all done on the machine. The cat beds require no sewing, but have a lot of pieces (and some that still need cutting out). For those sets I also need to make pet food bags, rope toys, mice, feather toys and there might be something else I am missing. I also still need to make all the stuff that goes with the saddlebags. But I am not going to aim for all of this. Not at all. I will aim for finishing 2 dolls and 16 beds. If I get more done besides that, it will be a bonus. If I don't get that much done... I don't even know. I need to make this work. 
 

No comments: