Thursday, February 24, 2022

Time With Friends

      By now, everyone knows that my job is stressing me out and between my job and my business I don't have a lot of time for myself. I also don't have a lot of time to see my friends. Maybe that is also just an adult thing, I am not really sure. Yesterday Liesl came over and we had an awesome visit. She helped me out with some horses that had some issues that needed fixing
    First up was Enchanted Eve, my Victrix. She always stood on the far end of one of the shelves and the silly girl decided to bump herself up against the shelf bracket. And she gave herself a little boo-boo on her hip. Liesl waved her magic wand and now this horse is perfect again. It looked like a paintbrush, but I know it was a wand...
     She also touched up Bootlegger. He apparently was mostly just a bit grubby, but Liesl cleaned him up and touched up anything that needed attention. Now this performance machine is back to perfection. He could even be a halter horse if I was into that sort of thing.  Liesl really is amazing. I miss the days that we would get together and just work on whatever our projects were. That was a once a week thing for a good long time. It's been a while. But promises have been made to do that again soon. I always have something to work on after all. 
     While I was digging out horses and purging the closet the other day I finally got the horses out from the packed-wrapped-in-parchment-paper experiment. I know there were some naysayers when I started the experiment, but I am calling it a huge success. I had multiple horses packed up, in the closet, in my non-climate-controlled house (as in, we don't have AC and it gets hot and humid AF in the summer) for many months. They went into the closet in September and we still had plenty of hot and humid weather. I remember this because the beginning of the school year was rough. Some of my classes had AC (and I was freezing!) and some did not and it was sweaty for sure. Anyway, here was the original blog post about the resin storage experiment. As the post states, this was the extension of the experiment to see if I could repeat the findings that started with Hazard Pay (a horse, if you didn't go read that other post). 
      I checked on Flash in the Sky and she is still as lovely as when I wrapped her up and put her in the closet. Enchanted Eve was too, other than the boo-boo she went in with. And Hazard Pay? No worse than when he went into the closet a year or 5 ago (I have no idea when he went in). Even better than that, Liesl did some more magic and FIXED THE DAMAGED FINISH! I forgot to get a photo, but it was definitely magical. Yesterday was definitely a good day for horses, but an even better day for a visit with a friend. 
 

No comments: