Monday, February 28, 2022

Unicorn Hair

    As promised, here are the photos of my new awesome hair color. Tracy did an amazing job on it, as usual. I gave her free rein to put the colors in in whatever way she wanted, and her choices were amazing!
   There are different layers of colors all throughout it. No matter which way my hair moves you can see so many colors. I love my unicorn hair!
     Yesterday was the first day back to school after the break. And it went really well. I laid down the law about the phones in several of the classes. I said that they were only going to be allowed to have them for the first 5 minutes of class and then they had to put them in the pockets on the wall. No one wanted to put them in the pockets so I warned them if we saw them even once they were being taken and admin was being called. No more games. Time to learn stuff. So one of the classes, after they finished their work, were having silly conversations. I was fine with that but asked if they wanted to play one of the games I have. They have all been so obsessed with their phones that they never acknowledged the fact that I bought games for the class. So I taught the group how to play Monopoly Deal and they had a really good time. Without phones. 
     The other new thing was having masks being optional. Massachusetts lifted the mask mandate and the school committee voted to have masks be optional in school. I am choosing to still wear mine for a couple of reasons. One being, they are still recommended. The other being I want to be supportive to the kids who are choosing to still wear a mask. I told one class in no uncertain terms if I hear any of them harassing another student for wearing a mask they will be written up and kicked out of class. This also is not a game. 
     One more day down, 4 more until the weekend, and 70 more until the end of the school year. I've got this. 



 

4 comments:

Adah R. (Spotted Dreams Studio) said...

You definitely have this! :) I love your hair, it looks great. Glad to hear school is going a little better.

Lynn Isenbarger said...

Your hair is gorgeous! And hang in there with school.

timaru star ii said...

It sounds like vacation really did you a world of good. And the kids too. I used to play Monopoly a lot -- I loved it.

Danielle Feldman said...

Monopoly Deal is a great game! So glad to hear things are getting better for you at school.