Saturday, February 12, 2022

Progress of Sorts

     Yesterday, the title of my post was 4.5, which I never explained. That is how many days of school are left before vacation. I really have 5 full days, but only 4.5 with students. It seemed like a good time to do the countdown to break. Other things I talked about yesterday was the endless sorting of the fabric drawer. Part of my issue is a similar problem to every crafter of any type that I have ever talked to. I buy more than I can use. I already had a full drawer or a variety of different kinds of fabric, and then I got more. So now my full drawer is very overfull. So not everything could live in there. The organizing and sorting took a long time. These days everything seems to take a long time. But it was important to get it done. It will make finding fabric more easily for a week or two. 
     Since I have been struggling to get work done, and I had some time and sort of felt like sewing, I got out the machine to get to work. But first... I lost one of the pieces I needed for some doll clothes. I looked everywhere for it. Except on the floor directly next to my chair, which is where it was. That long search and bit of frustration almost made me stop and put everything away. But I kept going. 
       I was on the last bit of a bareback pad... and the machine bound up. The wheel wouldn't turn even. So I figured I would have to bring it in for repair. Again. I was afraid how long they might end up keeping it this time. But I put it aside and pulled out the backup machine. I really do not love my Singer like I love my Husqvarna. I love my Mom's Singer. That thing is amazing for tiny sewing. My Singer is so-so. It can do it, sometimes, but it can be very frustration. And many of the things are in a different place than my Husqvarna, so I have to really think about things while I sew. Which is not fun. 
     In the end I finished up the one bareback pad (well, the sewing part) and these 6 dog beds. All done with new fabrics I got at the estate sale. I am glad I got a bit of something done, even though it was super frustrating. I have really been struggling to get anything done lately. 
     Now the only concern is that to bring the machine in is going to cost $89 at minimum. If it needs any parts that will of course be extra. So now I had to think, do I want to get more potentially expensive repairs done on a machine I have had for at least 13 or 14 years. Which is lame by old sewing machine standards, but maybe not so much by newer stuff? It has lasted longer than any other machine I have had. I have had to replace the foot pedal twice... should I just keep fixing it? We'll talk about that tomorrow. 

1 comment:

Lawrence Nichols said...

LOL! We just add another fabric storage area!!