Friday, February 4, 2022

An Amazing Gift

      Yesterday barn girl was peaking at a surprise I have been wanting to share for over a week. My friend, George, designed a fully functional mechanics toolbox file for 3D printing. As soon as I saw his 1/25 scale prototype I asked if he could make me one in 1/9 scale. He is completely awesome, so he did it. Every single drawer opens. It has castors, which I have not put on yet (because this is easier to store in this exact shape) and the big handles on the sides that are used to move it around. But, again, with my very limited space I like the shape exactly how it is. You'll see why soon enough. Currently George is selling his designs on cgtrader.com, though eventually he wants to have some prints of his stuff on Etsy. He also does custom work if you have things you are looking for. 
     Now onto the rest of the reveal!
     Little Elecktra surprised Crystal with the new art box. Crystal was overwhelmed! How could she not be? This thing is massive and has space for everything they could ever need! 
                              
     Little Elecktra started showing Crystal all of the things she had already put away. It seemed the box had endless space. 
      This was going to make finding the correct supplies so simple!
       Elecktra and Crystal dug out supplies, reorganized, and thought about how they wanted to store everything. It's a work in progress, but eventually everything will have a proper place and finding things will be a breeze! Especially if they make some drawer labels. 
      And finally, the reason that I kept the castors and handles off the toolbox for now. You can see the top of it in my miniatures box in the upper left of the photo. The miniatures box was already full, but somehow I used my impressive Tetras skills to make a large object fit in nonexistent space. Some of what I did was take miniatures out of baggies, put things inside of other things (there is a sewing machine in the Yeti cooler that does not show in the photo) and I moved things around until everything fit nicely. I topped off the box with the rugs and the pink and white afghan, and everything fit perfectly. But now, the box might actually be full. Almost...
      At this point, I own a lot of 1:9 scale miniatures. Sometimes I think I might have too many and maybe I should downsize the collection. Then I look at them and wonder which ones I could talk myself into letting go of. So currently, I still have a large collection of 1:9 scale miniatures and have not decided to let go of any. But I may see if I can make time to play and set up photos more often and maybe I will pay attention to what I use and don't use. That might make the letting go easier. I am good at letting go of things I don't use. 
     Thank you again George for such an amazing gift! I love everything about it, including the metallic pink you chose for me (it's like you know me!). I can't wait to play with my 1:9 scale dollhouse some more and see what else I can do with the new art box. I may need more tiny art supplies...
 

2 comments:

timaru star ii said...

He knows you. And your gift is for understatement, too. :)

Danielle Feldman said...

This is so cool! I could use a life-size one, too!