Sunday, February 6, 2022

January 2022 Miniatures Club

      I love the miniatures club. I love searching for cool things and seeing what I can come up with for the different levels. The miniatures club is also vaguely stressful. I started it because I wanted to lure people in to my ko-fi. I have not made a secret of that, lol. I wanted the blog to earn a bit of income, though I really am not at the level of readership where I should think my blog matters enough for that, lol. I do have a lot of dedicated readers. I have several people that comment often (thanks, I love comments!) and when I whine that I wonder if people are reading, I do get encouragement. I am already pretty lucky with this blog. But blogging is hard. 
     I have a pretty serious lack of "free time" so getting a small bit of income for the blog is definitely wholeheartedly appreciated. But I wanted to offer something to bring more people in. And I like the idea of also offering incentive. You know, like the old PBS pledge drives. But unlike the PBS drives where a $150 donation would get you a DVD, I could not bring myself to offer so little for the money people were spending. I am not public television, just a little blog about dolls. That is where the hard part of the miniatures club comes in. Sometimes it feels like what I am sending out really is not enough for what people have paid. I also try to remind myself that if I spend all the money on the miniatures and shipping, all I have done is make myself more work. So I struggle.  
     Anyway, January is one of my ship months (I ship January, April, July, and October) and people have expressed the love of tiny food things, so I had food for both tiers. But I decided I also needed to make some paper plates. So I got out the pressed and got to work. 
     All of my miniatures for January were from Legacy Miniatures on Etsy. Not everything I bought from her was for the club, some of it is for lunch sets (I am feeling lazy and do not want to make the food for those myself), but several things went out to club member. 

      Legacy is still fairly new in her miniature making. Look at how amazing these little soft tacos are!  I can't wait to see what she is doing a year from now! These are for level 1 of the club. 
     Level 2 of the club got spoiled. They got a burger, hot dog, and a cookie! I really struggled to choose. Level 3 (FOMO level) got all of the items. 
     Hopefully I have not ruined the surprise for too many people. But the packages went out more than a week ago, so they should, hopefully, have all arrived by now. I already have the miniatures in hand for the next couple of shipments, though there is always the chance I will change my mind on things and switch things around. I hope everyone is pleased with January's miniature offering! Off to hunt for more miniatures!

 

1 comment:

Braymere said...

No spoiler alert needed here! My Tier Two offerings arrived last week. Love them! Thank you.