Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Classic Scale

     Have you ever had absolutely everything get in the way of things you needed to get done? Or have a couple of quick things take infinitely longer than they ever should have? That has been going on in my life for about a week now. A really good example would be this blog post. I got the first 3 sentences typed and then 45 minutes of other things happened, lol. This is my life now. 
     Yesterday I was in the copy room. Again. Because I had to scan all of the work so I can put it on Google Classroom. I also had to print some things, but that didn't happen. The network wasn't working (so loading and loading and nothing) so the stuff that I had sent to the printer had to be sent again. I may have forgotten some of it. I still have not actually had time to print it. I may regret closing those windows on the computer before I had the papers in hand. We just don't know yet. Anyway, I scanned 7 assignments and made 2 photo copies, and with the network issues it took 45 minutes. That was crazy! Last weekend I went out to do my errands, that usually take 2 hours tops, including driving time, and I was gone for 4 hours. How did that happen? Why is everything so slow and/or backed up? I don't actually have an answer to my own question, but that seems to be the way of things at the moment. 
     Speaking of everything getting in the way, it took me far longer than it ever should have to get this doll done. In general, I don't work in classic scale. I don't have the patterns for it, don't really want to make them, and the Breyer youth dolls need a ton of body work to be usable for riders. And they don't really work all that well in classic scale, depending on the horse. But this doll just needs to sit and drive. I am pretty sure she can handle that. 
     She is also dressed in a very basic outfit that I already had patterns for. I had a pants pattern, and a shirt pattern. A driving apron is just a rectangle that I can size as I am making it for the doll. The hat was a western hat that I resized and cut down. Not too difficult. But she still took me a long time. 
    For the most part school things are going well. I have my planning done until March on most things (there is a week of vacation in there, which helps!), and I have the assignments in the computer, am up to date on grading (and putting those in the computer) and so on. I am doing OK. But the delay with the scanning was just another one of those delays. They are frustrating when they pile up. 
     I have a doll I need to finish up and a NaMoPaiMo horse to get started on. I am not really motivated to do either of those things at the moment, but hopefully I will be soon. I have a project that I need to get started on very soon. It's sort of big and has a deadline, so I need to make sure to get into that. One day closer to Spring. Happy Groundhog Day. 
 

1 comment:

timaru star ii said...

Hang in there. You are not alone!
That is a good doll. I love driving. My Driving Digest magazine just appeared and that always inspires me.