Monday, February 21, 2022

This Time I Really Did It!

      This time my "I did it!" is actually about my NaMoPaiMo horse. I checked him out the other day, decided I liked how the color and shading looked, so it was time to work on details! So then of course that didn't happen for a while, lol. I really am super busy, and burnt out, these days. 
     But Sunday night, all of a sudden I wanted to work on him. So I grabbed my paint and my pastels and got to work in my horrible lighting. I thought he was looking pretty cute, but it was hard to tell (we really do have horrible lighting, lol). 
    But I kept on going and even went out and sprayed more matte finish on him. In the dark. I practice "no fear" painting. And finishing. 
     Yesterday we had sunshine and it was the moment of truth. Does he look like garbage when I can actually see him? The answer is no, he looks amazing! I really love how his nose came out especially. 
     This was the first time I have painted a chestnut horse and the first time I have done gray hooves. I wish I had gotten them to be a bit more detailed, but they are not too bad. 
I would also love to get the eyes to be more detailed. But they are super tiny! I am sure it can be done, and I will do it, just not today. 
     I didn't actually work on this horse all that much. I started out with a really good session that was a couple of hours. The next session was pretty great too. And then... I didn't have time or motivation for a good long stretch. But in the end, my simple chestnut horse came together in a way that makes me really happy. He is not anywhere near as detailed as the horse I painted last year, but I love him a lot! I am a winner!

2 comments:

timaru star ii said...

YAYY!! You are a winner with this miniscule miracle! Congratulations.

Betsy in WI said...

Congratulations!